Portland is a prestigious communications and public affairs consultancy specialising in PR and corporate communications. With offices in London, Berlin, Paris, Brussels, Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi. We are a truly global communications agency.
At Portland, we work with major global and UK clients, and some of the most exciting, purpose-led corporations and philanthropic organisations, across a range of sectors including health, government advisory, digital and crisis comms.
As our accounts continue to grow, we are looking to bolster our exceptional team and are looking for Consultant (Account Manager) to join us. This is a great opportunity to work with a network of strategic communications specialists, and working for prestigious clients across the public, private, and philanthropic sectors, including some exciting new clients from around the world.
The Consultant is a mid-level position, and you will take direction from our highly experience Senior Consultants and Directors. You will be responsible for executing high-quality, impactful short and long-term campaigns for your clients, and contributing to the development of their overall communications strategy.
- You will be a primary day-to-day contact for clients and establish a long-term relationship with them based on their ability to trust in the quality of your judgement and delivery.
- Through your interest in the news agenda and, more specifically, your knowledge and understanding of the issues that matter most to them, clients will be impressed by the proactive opportunities and threats that you spot. The quality of your written work will mean that the majority of materials are ‘client-ready’ and meet the brief set, in terms of tone, length and accuracy. You will be able to develop materials both independently and in collaboration with colleagues across the business.
- Your project management skills will ensure that deadlines are met by your client teams at every level, from more junior to more senior colleagues.
- Through your role in managing the delivery of work by junior colleagues, you will support their development and be a source of constructive feedback, ideas and experience.
- Beyond the work that you undertake for existing clients, you will play an important role in the team’s future growth in Singapore and the wider APAC region through your contribution to our new business process, helping to identify prospective opportunities, building a network of local contacts, and supporting the development and delivery of pitches.
- As a specialist in the APAC media landscape, you may be called upon to support colleagues across the Portland network to advise on, and deliver, client and new business work relating to the region.
If you are looking to further your PR career, come and join the team.
What we offer in return
We are committed to employee development and you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business.
We regularly reward and promote success, encouraging staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression. Personal development and well-being are a key focus; there's regular training, lunch & learn sessions along with well-being workshops and activities.
Our remuneration package includes our competitive pension, private healthcare, life assurance cover and company contribution to gym membership. In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading annual profit share bonus.
At Portland we take a flexible approach to work and encourage our colleagues to do the same. All of our roles are open to flexible working requests and we will consider all options during our recruitment process. This includes but is not limited to: hybrid working, flexible hours, compressed hours and job sharing.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. The length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks.
Do let us know if you need any adjustments made during the recruitment process.