Portland is a global communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments, and individuals in the world with offices in London, Paris, Brussels, Berlin, Washington D.C., New York City, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi.
The work that we do is exciting, challenging and genuinely interesting. We design and deliver communications strategies for some of the world’s highest profile organizations, governments, individuals and some of the most exciting, purpose-led corporations and philanthropic organisations, across a range of sectors including health, government advisory, digital and crisis comms.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Portland’s International team advises some of the most exciting purpose-led corporations, philanthropic organisations and development organisations in the world on communications strategies and campaigns.
We help our clients achieve change and engage audiences on the most pressing sustainability issues and the 2030 agenda. We help our clients to achieve cut-through in the media, reach new audiences on social channels, run events all around the world, and launch high impact campaigns.
Our team brings together experts from the highest levels of the media, politics, advocacy and campaigning.
Portland’s International team is looking for an Associate Consultant (Senior Account Executive equivalent) to work on clients across Climate, Global Health, Philanthropy and a global sports event. The role requires fluency in both French and English and could be based in either London or Paris.
The Associate Consultant will be required to carry out the following key tasks within the International team:
- Staying on top of trends and news in the international development sector
- Helping account leads to develop integrated communications & advocacy plans for our clients
- Drafting communications content including press releases, opinion pieces, website copy, and social media posts
- Conducting global media activities, including sell-ins, preparing journalist biographies and briefing notes for clients, and organising press briefings
- Carrying out research and analysis to inform client strategies, including digital, media, and policy audits
- Ensuring high quality and timely delivery of client programmes
- Supporting with new business and the growth of our offer, including support on proposal development and contributing to marketing activities
- Fluency in French and English
- A minimum of 18 months of agency experience would be beneficial
- Experience of international development, global health or sustainability, working with the United Nations, foundations, think tank or governments
- Background in policy, communications, media relations and digital campaigning
- Strong written communication skills
Portland is a very results-driven business, with an unswerving focus on quality. To achieve this, we need to work collaboratively in a fun environment. We laugh, we strategise, we discuss, but we remember what is most important; advancing the interests of our clients, whilst advancing the careers of our people.
At Portland, we are client-centric but put people first. We have a culture where everyone is trusted and valued in equal measure, whatever your role in the company.
Our aim is to recruit, develop and retain world class people, who come to Portland to do the best work of their careers.
We are committed to employee development and you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business.
We regularly reward and promote success, encouraging staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression. Personal development and well-being are a key focus; there's regular training, lunch & learn sessions along with well-being workshops and activities.
Our remuneration package includes our competitive pension, private healthcare, life assurance cover, weekly lunch contribution and company contribution to gym membership. In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our annual profit share bonus.
At Portland we take a flexible approach to work and encourage our colleagues to do the same. All of our roles are open to flexible working requests, and we will consider all options during our recruitment process. This includes but is not limited to: hybrid working, flexible hours, compressed hours and job sharing.
We currently work a combination of days in the office and work from home.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. The length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks.