Portland is a global communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments, and individuals in the world with offices in London, Paris, Brussels, Berlin, Washington D.C., New York City, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi.
The work that we do is exciting, challenging and genuinely interesting. We design and deliver communications strategies for some of the world’s highest profile organizations, governments, individuals and some of the most exciting, purpose-led corporations and philanthropic organisations, across a range of sectors including health, government advisory, digital and crisis comms.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns that help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Portland is seeking a Consultant to join our team of digital experts. With no two days the same, your activities will focus on helping our clients to communicate with everyone from political and business audiences, to supporters and opinion formers.
Often, this will require you to work both independently and as part of a collaborative and dynamic team. Our digital experts sit within the Centre of Excellence, alongside our Research and Creative teams. The work we do is integrated, spanning the entire breadth of communications counsel and campaigns Portland delivers for clients around the world. The role is an exciting opportunity to help grow Portland’s digital offer at a time where the business is placing even more importance on the specialty over the coming years.
Ideally, you will have at around 4+ years’ experience, gained either in-house, within an agency, on campaigns, in politics or at a media organisation. You must be proactive, creative and detail-driven, with an excellent understanding of the corporate digital and social media landscape.
- Are you passionate about digital communications, creative campaigns and how they can drive meaningful, measurable change in outcomes?
- Are you a self-starter with a team player mindset? Do you have experience managing effective teams and helping to grow colleagues’ digital knowledge?
- Do you love to design integrated campaigns that span the digital ecosystem - from web to email marketing, social media, XR & AI?
- Do you have what it takes to help everyone, from major global businesses to philanthropic foundations and challenger brands, tell their stories in new and creative ways to political, investor, and media audiences alike?
- Do you have experience creating exciting digital campaigns that drive results?
- Are you an excellent project manager and natural problem-solver, with the ability to juggle deadlines and thrive within a fast-paced environment?
- Are you looking to carve out your niche and make an impact within the digital communications space?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
- Work as part of the team to manage and deliver creative digital communications strategies from formulation through to execution – organic and paid across multiple channels.
- Provide creative and strategic digital advice to clients.
- Stay abreast of current news, trends and insights, and their relevance to our clients, sharing insights and considerations.
- Be able to unearth key insights, using digital tools, to analyse data, evaluate Impact and unlock the most effective strategy and approach for each client.
- Act as the day-to-day point of contact for clients.
- Write razor-sharp digital copy and develop ideas for compelling content
- Input into new business pitches, proposals and presentations.
- Direct and mentor junior account members; providing quality control, coaching in the delivery of digital workstreams and oversee team assignments.
- Establish trusted relationships with colleagues and clients alike
- Help to develop understanding of, and skills around, digital communications within Portland.
At Portland we get to the point. So, if you are a creative person with a track record of building successful digital campaigns that have impact you should apply.
Portland is a very results-driven business, with an unswerving focus on quality. To achieve this, we need to work collaboratively in a fun environment. We laugh, we strategise, we discuss, but we remember what is most important; advancing the interests of our clients, whilst advancing the careers of our people.
At Portland, we are client-centric but put people first. We have a culture where everyone is trusted and valued in equal measure, whatever your role in the company.
Our aim is to recruit, develop and retain world class people, who come to Portland to do the best work of their careers.
We are committed to employee development and you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business.
We regularly reward and promote success, encouraging staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression. Personal development and well-being are a key focus; there's regular training, lunch & learn sessions along with well-being workshops and activities.
Our remuneration package includes our competitive pension, private healthcare, life assurance cover, weekly lunch contribution and company contribution to gym membership. In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our annual profit share bonus.
At Portland we take a flexible approach to work and encourage our colleagues to do the same. All of our roles are open to flexible working requests, and we will consider all options during our recruitment process. This includes but is not limited to: hybrid working, flexible hours, compressed hours and job sharing.
We currently work a combination of days in the office and work from home.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. The length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks.