Portland is a global communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments, and individuals in the world with offices in London, Paris, Brussels, Berlin, Washington D.C., New York City, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi.
The work that we do is exciting, challenging and genuinely interesting. We design and deliver communications strategies for some of the world’s highest profile organizations, governments, individuals and some of the most exciting, purpose-led corporations and philanthropic organisations, across a range of sectors including health, government advisory, digital and crisis comms.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Portland is one of the UK’s leading public affairs consultancies. For over 20 years, we have been trusted by the world’s biggest businesses and agenda-setting brands to advise on their most complex challenges. Helping them get to the point by providing clarity, insight and focus to their public affairs and policy activity.
Through our combination of unparalleled policy knowledge, expansive political networks and communications expertise, we deliver integrated campaigns which have a real impact in an increasingly complex regulatory landscape. Whether it is to build reputations, change the direction of a debate, or secure a better operating environment.
Our combination of high-level strategic counsel with high quality execution is nationally and increasingly globally renowned for dealing with issues spanning multiple audiences, continents and channels. We are trusted to always provide a thoughtful and strategic approach to problem-solving.
As a Partner on the UK Management Board, you will provide inspirational leadership to the team, motivate and enable the team (and clients) to deliver award-winning, contemporary and progressive work
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of and accountability for team commercial performance
- Setting the strategic direction for the business
- Setting the team business plan
- Developing the team’s point of view in the market
- Prospecting for and leading efforts to win significant new business
- Creating and driving new practice areas
- Senior client counsel
- Senior talent acquisition
- Developing and mentoring Directors and other colleagues
- Driving further integration and collaboration
- Externally visible and making an impact at clients and in the market
- Leading cross-Portland projects
- Critical decision making
- Developing the capabilities of the practice team, particularly in the areas of strategic planning and insight, integrated creative campaigns and overall brand literacy
- Identifying talent, training, partnership etc. opportunities
- Senior and active member of the Management Board with shared responsibility for driving the growth and continued transformation of the overall Portland business
- Building strong relationships whilst seeking opportunities to expand service with existing clients through broadening of services
- c.10 years of industry experience from either an agency, media, in-house or political environment
- Demonstratable experience managing teams
- Demonstratable experience leading on projects/campaigns
- An experienced client/stakeholder handler
- An extensive network of contacts that can be utilised in multiple avenues
- Experience in Built Environment, Energy, Technology, Media and Telecoms is desired
What we offer in return
Portland is a very results-driven business, with an unswerving focus on quality. To achieve this, we need to work collaboratively in a fun environment. We laugh, we strategise, we discuss, but we remember what is most important; advancing the interests of our clients, whilst advancing the careers of our people.
At Portland, we are client-centric but put people first. We have a culture where everyone is trusted and valued in equal measure, whatever your role in the company.
Our aim is to recruit, develop and retain world class people, who come to Portland to do the best work of their careers.
We are committed to employee development and you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business.
We regularly reward and promote success, encouraging staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression. Personal development and well-being are a key focus; there's regular training, lunch & learn sessions along with well-being workshops and activities.
Our remuneration package includes our competitive pension, private healthcare, life assurance cover, weekly lunch contribution and company contribution to gym membership. In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our annual profit share bonus.
At Portland we take a flexible approach to work and encourage our colleagues to do the same. All of our roles are open to flexible working requests, and we will consider all options during our recruitment process. This includes but is not limited to: hybrid working, flexible hours, compressed hours and job sharing.
We currently work a combination of days in the office and work from home.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. The length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks.