Portland is a strategic communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, brands, governments, and individuals in the UK and around the world. We have global offices in London, Paris, Brussels, Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi and Berlin.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns, helping clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver on their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of our industry.
We are looking for an Executive to work for prestigious clients across corporate and financial communications.
- We are looking for someone who can work both independently and as part of a team to implement media relations plans.
- The individual will have an excellent understanding of the media (print, online, digital) and blend earned and owned techniques to deliver impact for clients.
- With no two days the same, your activities will focus on helping our clients to communicate with everyone from political and business audiences to their consumers.
- The ideal candidate will bring a unique set of experiences and a well-developed point of view to our diverse communications team.
- Monitoring major news announcements and industry trends
- Drafting a range of materials from press releases and opinion articles to stakeholder letters
- Supporting and pitching media sell-ins on behalf of clients
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests
- Helping to organise and coordinate events, press conferences, photo calls, and media contact programmes
- Undertaking research and utilising media and digital tools to build reports (including for new business briefs)
- Helping to draft materials for key client meetings
- Have a strong interest in current affairs and the daily news agenda
- Demonstrate some experience of handling press or digital channels for an organisation
- Be a strong writer
- Be a self-starter, organised and able to manage your own workload
- Have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines, ensuring accuracy and relevance
- Enthusiasm and a ‘can-do’, proactive attitude
- Able to communicate confidently with Portland staff, clients and other stakeholders
- You must be proactive, creative and detail-driven
- Digitally native
- Ideally, you will have experience in PR or corporate communications, gained either in-house or within an agency
- An interest in Financial Communications
- More than one language would be beneficial but not essential
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, wellbeing workshops and activities, company parties, lunch contribution each week and much, much more!
- At Portland we take a flexible approach to work and encourage our colleagues to do the same. All our roles are open to flexible working requests and we will consider all options during our recruitment process. This includes but is not limited to: flexible hours, home working, compressed hours and job sharing.
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.