*This is an Account Director level role at a Communications agency, not a law firm*
Portland is a global communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments, and individuals in the world with offices in London, Paris, Brussels, Berlin, Washington D.C., Singapore, Doha and Nairobi.
The work that we do is exciting, challenging and genuinely interesting. We design and deliver communications strategies for some of the world’s highest profile organizations, governments, individuals and some of the most exciting, purpose-led corporations and philanthropic organisations, across a range of sectors including health, government advisory, digital and crisis comms.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
- Portland’s Litigation and Disputes offer is managed by team of litigation communications specialists.
- Our team is made up of communications experts, former lawyers, and public-sector employees.
- We work alongside lawyers to protect and enhance reputations during multi-jurisdictional litigation cases, as well as those involving international businesses, group action litigations, and high-profile regulatory and financial investigations.
- Portland manages the risks for its clients in high-profile and high-value cases across multiple jurisdictions and languages. Our work extends beyond the courtroom to encompass complex public and political considerations.
- Portland’s specialist and experienced team is diligent, discreet and focused on results. We are ranked in Band 1 Chambers & Partners for Litigation PR.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to support Portland’s growing Litigation and Disputes offer.
The candidate will have at least 5/6 years experience working full-time in a PR agency or in-house at a relevant organisation or company, with a demonstrable interest in the law, international relations and politics.
The Senior Consultant may be required to carry out all or some of the following key tasks in support of our clients:
- Focus on solving often complex client problems
- Ensure those solutions are successfully executed to the highest standard possible.
- Direct key accounts and projects for major international clients, including full oversight and management of strategic and tactical activity
- Lead on new business proposals and pitches, including identifying and cultivating new leads across different specialties and different regions (including the UK, Europe, CIS, Middle East, North and East Africa, the US and SE Asia)
- Build contacts at a senior level with clients and provide strategic counsel and advice across all areas of media and digital
- Support the management and development of the unit, including coaching and managing junior team members
- Have excellent English-language writing skills;
- Be organised and able to manage demanding workloads under time pressure;
- Have a willingness to learn from your colleagues and to share knowledge with them;
- Be logical, creative and flexible in the appraisal of problems;
- Be a confident communicator in person and over the phone;
- Be numerate with strong analytical skills and attention to detail and experience in managing large datasets
- Have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance;
- Have experience of using social media platforms and executing paid social strategy in a professional capacity;
Qualifications and skills:
- Industry experience is essential. Ideally this will be in the relevant practice of a respected international communications agency
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a data-driven approach.
- Strong media skills and long-standing relationships with key journalists will be an asset
- Robust project and team management skills and be able to demonstrate personal experience leading projects and teams, ideally internationally
- Proven experience delivering large-scale, integrated communications programmes and campaigns across paid, owned and earned channels
- Proven ability both to grow business organically, and to identify and secure new business opportunities
- Strong commercial and account management experience, including planning and budgeting on high-value accounts
- A proven ability to develop and sustain high-level and demanding client relationships
- Litigation PR experience;
- Foreign language skills, particularly Arabic, French or Russian;
- Experience of Public Affairs, politics and campaigning;
- Experience in journalism, blogging and social media;
- Experience of using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter) in a professional capacity.
- Proficient in the use of digital research and analysis tools.
What we offer in return
Portland is a very results-driven business, with an unswerving focus on quality. To achieve this, we need to work collaboratively in a fun environment. We laugh, we strategise, we discuss, but we remember what is most important; advancing the interests of our clients, whilst advancing the careers of our people.
At Portland, we are client-centric but put people first. We have a culture where everyone is trusted and valued in equal measure, whatever your role in the company.
Our aim is to recruit, develop and retain world class people, who come to Portland to do the best work of their careers.
We are committed to employee development and you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business.
We regularly reward and promote success, encouraging staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression. Personal development and well-being are a key focus; there's regular training, lunch & learn sessions along with well-being workshops and activities.
Our remuneration package includes our competitive pension, private healthcare, life assurance cover and company contribution to gym membership. In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our annual profit share bonus.
At Portland we take a flexible approach to work and encourage our colleagues to do the same. All of our roles are open to flexible working requests, and we will consider all options during our recruitment process. This includes but is not limited to: hybrid working, flexible hours, compressed hours and job sharing.
We currently work a combination of days in the office and work from home.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. The length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks.
Please let us know if you need any adjustments made during the recruitment process.