Portland is a global communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments, and individuals in the world with offices in London, Paris, Brussels, Berlin, Washington D.C., Singapore, Doha and Nairobi.
We design and deliver communications strategies for some of the world’s highest profile organisations, governments, individuals and some of the most exciting, purpose-led corporations and philanthropic organisations, across a range of sectors including health, government advisory, and crisis comms.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns helping clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility, and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Portland is looking for a brilliant individual to help drive the digital team forward. With no two days the same, your activities will focus on helping our clients to communicate with everyone from political and business audiences to campaigners and opinion formers across a variety of digital platforms.
Often, this will require you to work both independently and as part of a collaborative and dynamic team. Our digital experts sit within the Centre of Excellence, alongside our Research and Creative teams. The work we do is integrated, spanning the entire breadth of communications counsel and campaigns Portland delivers for clients around the world.
We're seeking a Senior Consultant (Account Director) to join our digital team in London. You will be an expert in your field, with the ability to develop and deliver impactful digital communications strategies and campaigns, generating excellent results and giving strong strategic direction to your team and clients. You will have experience holding the pen on new business briefs and bringing together the right people to deliver impactful responses to RFPs.
- Are you passionate about digital communications, creative campaigns and how they can drive meaningful, measurable change in outcomes?
- Do you identify growth opportunities and work with teams to develop plans and execute against them?
- Are you a self-starter with a team player mindset? Do you have experience managing effective teams and helping to grow colleagues’ digital knowledge?
- Do you love to design integrated campaigns that span the digital ecosystem - from web to email marketing, social media, XR & AI?
- Do you have what it takes to help everyone, from major global businesses to philanthropic foundations and challenger brands, tell their stories in new and creative ways to political, investor, and media audiences alike?
- Do you have experience creating exciting digital campaigns that drive results?
- Are you an excellent project manager and natural problem-solver, with the ability to juggle deadlines and thrive within a fast-paced environment?
- Are you looking to carve out your niche and make an impact within the digital communications space?
- Lead global digital accounts from multiple sectors and industries.
- Hold the pen on new business pitches and support the new business effort across the portfolio.
- Provide senior counsel and strategic advice to clients.
- Demonstrated ability of driving a digital culture across teams and specialisms, beyond digital experts.
- Proven experience and track record working across issues, crisis and risk management.
- Lead in the development of creative communications strategies for diverse clients and issues, ensuring their successful delivery.
- Orchestrate and drive large and complex pieces of client work.
- Support the growth and development of the team through high quality line management of junior members of the team, identifying growth opportunities and taking an active role in marketing activities.
- Build internal and external networks with colleagues, opinion leaders, professional associations, online influencers and other relevant third-parties.
We are looking for candidates with:
- 5+ years of experience.
- A proven track record in devising and delivering strategic digital campaigns for clients.
- A commercial self-starter with an agency background or have extensive experience working in an in-house digital management role.
What we offer in return:
We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, wellbeing workshops and activities, company parties, lunch contribution each week and much, much more!
At Portland we take a flexible approach to work and encourage our colleagues to do the same. All our roles are open to flexible working requests, and we will consider all options during our recruitment process. This includes but is not limited to: flexible hours, home working, compressed hours and job sharing.
In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.